Friday, December 6, 2013

Please Leash Your Dog

So this post is a little late but I wanted to wait to see the outcome before posting about it. The week before Thanksgiving I was outside my apartment getting Pinnacle ready to go to school. He had just gone potty and I was headed to the dumpster to throw it away when I heard some barking. I didnt think much of it at first since my apartment is pet friendly so you hear dogs bark all the time. All of a sudden two pugs came charging out from behind a car at Pinnacle and me. They attempted to try to bit Pinnacle but I managed to get between them before any injury could happen. Pinnacle was excellent and just moved behind me and looked at them. I had to keep kicking them away so they couldnt get near Pinnacle. Finally one of the apartment employees saw what was going on and came to help me. The whole time the owner just stood there calling her dogs. In the end Pinnacle was physically and mentally fine. The apartment manager contacted the owner and told them that dogs must always be on leash and explained that the pugs went after a guide dog in training (pinnacle was in his vest when this happened) hopefully people learn to keep their dogs on leash and not to allow them to go up to service animals or service animals in training.

No comments:

Post a Comment