Wednesday, November 16, 2011

happy early thanksgiving

So this is a bit early but i will be gone on vacation thanksgiving week and may not have access to a computer. I wanted to wish everyone a happy early thanksgiving. With thanksgiving about a week away we should all give thanks for the wonderfull pups we are able to raise. So here is a question that I would love everyone to answer. The question is why did you decide to become a puppy raiser?

Also I have set a goal for the blog. I would like to try and double the number of viewers to my blog by January 1 so if you could spred the word that would be great.

3 comments:

  1. My decision to become a puppy raiser came around one December when my Golden Brandy suddenly dropped down and had a seizure. I rushed her to emergency care as it was the weekend. She had another seizure in the pet hospital and said that there was nother they could do if I couldn't leave her overnight, which I definitely couldn't afford. They gave her something that was suppose to help her seizures and told me how to help her when they happened. I spent the next day in a half doing nothing but following her around and holding her head and cleaning up after each seizure. She died two months later. A few months after that I was ready for another puppy and I think Arwen needed a playmate. I don't think my dad was ready though. A month or so after that he suggested GDB puppy raising and I went to my first meeting. I had heard of GDB because of Roselle and was pretty interested. That first meeting made me hooked and there was no going back. After that it was just something I loved to do.

    ReplyDelete
  2. A Happy early Thanksgiving to you!
    I started raising guide dog puppies for a 4-H project, and after my first one returned to the school; I decided there was no way I could stop raising the puppies, because I enjoyed it to much! So now I've got my 5th guide dog puppy (Brandon) and don't know where I'd be without having these furry pups in my life!

    Allison

    ReplyDelete
  3. Useful info. Thank you for sharing. Visit www.petsitting.com for your pet sitting needs.
    Dog walking Dallas

    ReplyDelete