Thursday, January 24, 2013

Gdb pups

Over the years I have raised 10 pups for Guide Dogs for the Blind each one is special to me

Wilbur: myl was my 1st pup i raised. He was a sweet boy who actually graduated as a working guide on my birthday.

Pascal: mgld he was my first golden. After a few months of raising him i decided to coraise him with my younger sister cause i didnt have the time to work on some of his issues. He went on my 8th grade graduation trip and walked me across the graduation stage. He also helped me transition from jr high to high school. He graduated as a guide.

Fabrica: fbl fabrica was my special girl. Once old enough she attended school with me every day. Me and her had a great bond. She was ccd and lives as a pet with family friends.

Lobo: myl aka lazy lobo was an easy pup. He was energetic when we first got him but then he calmed way down after that. When he was a pup he starred in a commercial with another puppy in training. He was ccd for health at a young age and now lives as a spoiled pet with my parents

Baron: myl I picked up Baron the day after I got back from a trip to Hume Lake with my high school he was a sweet pup. He was the first pup I raised with another dog in the house. He was loved by everyone at my high school. He graduated as a guide.

Sweetie: fyl Sweetie was an interesting puppy. She was full of energy from day 1. I coraised her with my leader in the begining. She was then transferred to a friend of mine once i left for college. She was ccd and now lives with my leader in Bakersfield

Malcolm: mgldlabxx he was the first pup i raised all by myself. He was a calm puppy but had lots of tummy issues at first but once we got that taken care of he was an easy pup to raise. He was my first cross and made me fall in love with crosses. He became a breeder and i raised one of his pups

Polaris: mgldlabxxx i didnt have him long but he was nicknamed polar bear he was so sweet. He would play in his water dish and blow bubbles in it too. He was transferred to another raiser because he was to fearful to go to college with me. He was ccd and guide dogs placed him with an older couple.

Andrew: mgldlabxxx now named agent was a pup from medfords first litter. When i first saw him i was not excited to be getting him since he was very high energy and was not an easy pup to deal with. As he grew so did my love for him. He wasnt near perfect but he improved so much. He was ccd at 11 months for different issues. He is now my beloved spoiled pet. He loves to go to doggy daycare.

Malcolm:mgld he is my first transfer pup. I was a little nervous about having two goldens the same age in my appartment but after meeting him i knew hed fit in. He is a great boy and continues to make improvements every day. I have a feeling he will make a great guide if not he would make a great k9 buddy for a blind child.


No comments:

Post a Comment