Monday, May 13, 2013

5 days with Pinnacle

So last week I had time off from school to study for finals so I decided to go home to Bakersfield and spend time with my new puppy Pinnacle. He was so excited to see me that he climbed over the baby gate to get to me. I spent all last Wednesday working with him. He has now mastered going up and down the stairs in our house, and I introduced him to the gentle leader as well. Thursday our family was going to a concert so he went to his first puppy sitter. I was a bit nervous as he hates being in the car since he gets car sick (he mainly drools a lot), but he did actually pretty good. I'm told he did pretty good for his first puppy sit so I was happy. Friday we had company so he spent most of the day in the kitchen. He also got his 12 week shots and weighs 24 ib. I'm quite sure my arms were ready to fall off from holding him. Unfortunately his tummy didn't handle the shot well so he kept me up all night with diarrhea. Luckily by Sunday he was back to normal.

One fun thing I got to do is take him to his baby puppy meeting. Since he wasn't feeling good my mom went with me too. The meeting was the day after his shot so he was still not feeling well at all. Add that to he gets car sick I ended up covered in drool. I took him potty as soon as we got to the meeting poor boy had loose stools. He was happy to see the other 2 pups there and kept wanting to play with them. At the end of the meeting we discussed with the coleader who is also a vet what to do with Pinnacle about his car sickness. We are told for next couple days to keep him out of the car, and then when we introduce the car again put him in a crate since he seems to do better in that and only go a short distance. Hoping that works and over time we can increase the distance. Sorry I didn't get any pictures of him last week.

1 comment: